Re: Anybody out there?

* On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 02:32:28AM -0500, Erinn Clark wrote:
> ...but I'm concerned. There's very little list discussion and I haven't
> seen a lot of new faces showing up (though they do trickle in). Is there
> something we should be doing to encourage more discussion? Does anyone have
> any ideas?

What got me involved was an article about 10 days ago on one of the
Linux websites - can't remember which one. Up until then I didn't know
about debian-women.

Since women in IT in general (and in Linux in particular) are uncommon,
perhaps it would be a good idea to advertise/target linux user groups
(eg [1] [2]), and collectives where linux is often used (eg [3]).

[1] http://slug.org.au/
[2] http://www.linux.org/groups/australia.html
[3] http://www.indymedia.org/en/index.shtml

--