Re: Anybody out there?

Ricardo Mones wrote:

  Well, the media are there, and people can't be forced to discuss if they
don't want, that's one of the principles of Debian as a voluntary effort and
one of its weakness. If you solve it for d-w you'll probably solve it for the
whole Debian, which would be great.

Well, we are quite good at solving things, imho :)

  D-w has revealed lately as an irc-oriented community, so maybe an idea is
encourage people to post to the list the things that flow on irc, not
necesarily in an ordered manner. A kind of minutes, but in a wider sense, and
not only by one person, just anybody who sees an idea and thinks it deserves
to be discussed in depth within the list.

That is a very good idea.

I usually try to keep the mailing list posted with the Debian Women things I am involved in, and to encourage others to do the same.

I think we should bear in mind that while something might have been discussed already on IRC, there are hundreds of people on this list who have not had the opportunity to talk about that thing, and who might have interesting and valuable ideas about it. So please, post ideas, actions, discussions from IRC to the list. But remember we have a policy against public logging of the #debian-women channel. If you want to post an IRC discussion verbatim, get permission from the participants first.

Helen