Re: Anybody out there?

Erinn Clark wrote:
Hi everyone :)

Hi everyone, hi Erinn,

So we have a fairly thriving community, in some respects -- our IRC channel
is very active, we have a few interesting projects going on. In general, I
think things are going fairly well.

IMO that's good and usefull.

...but I'm concerned. There's very little list discussion and I haven't
seen a lot of new faces showing up (though they do trickle in). Is there
something we should be doing to encourage more discussion? Does anyone have
any ideas?

There are four "channels" to communicate: Page, wiki, mailing-list and IRC. Each of them has special advantages.

So we've to reflect, which "channel" is the best for a special porpose.

IMO the mail-list is for example very useful, if anyone has a special problem and needs to publish some more stuff like logfiles etc..

But there certainly will be more applications for the list.

Please excuse my poor english. I'm running a new project: Learning english with debian-women ;-).