Re: Survey - what do you want out of this?

Side topic:

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 04:23:45PM +0100, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> It's quite hard to answer those questions with a
> multiple choice survey, but i'll try the best i can:

> > 1)  What would you personally most like to get out
> > of the Debian Women project?

> >   a) more knowledge about how to use Debian
> >   b) more interaction with or contribution to Debian
> >   c) social benefits from meeting the people
> > involved in Debian Women
> >   d) benefits (to yourself or to Debian) from you
> > helping other people who
> > are involved in Debian Women
> >   e) other?  Please elaborate.

> I'd choose c). Of course the rest are reasonable too.
> I'd like to get more knowledge on Debian, but I guess
> the most important part for me is seeing Debian not
> just as some remote quite big organisation, but to see
> them as human beings with whom you can talk,
> cooperate, learn and maybe teach, and who knows, maybe
> also becoming part of it.

Are there aspects of Debian's structure and/or culture which you believe
contribute to a feeling of a "big, remote organization" when compared with
other large Open Source projects, or is size the main factor?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer