Re: Ubuntu Conference

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 05:57:22PM +0100, Simira wrote:

> Anyone else from Debian-Women going to the Ubuntu-conference in Matar?,
> Spain, in December?
>
> I'll be there the first week from Monday 6th to Friday 10th. Hope to see
> some of you there. A small Debian-Women meeting, maybe?
>
> More info:
> www.ubuntulinux.org

It's great to see interest in Ubuntu from Debian-Women.  As you are probably
already aware, the Ubuntu community aims to be inclusive, and this includes
reaching out to groups which are currently under-represented in the open
source community.

If you're interested, I think it would be beneficial to devote a conference
session to discussing ways that Ubuntu can cooperate with projects like
Debian-Women to involve more women in the community.

Would you be willing to lead such a session?  The schedule is still in flux,
and there are slots available for new topics.

--
 - mdz