Re: Hello, world!

> I'm really looking forward to becoming part of the Debian Project.
> It's less work for my sponsor, for one! Besides, someone needs to help
> bootstrap Debian involvement in the Philippines. <grin>

<bubulle coming wearing his i18n/l10n hat>

A first step would be some localization work. Filipino (fil) recently
became listed in ISO-639 and several languages among those spoken in
Philippines ( Tagalog, Cebuano, Ilokano, Hiligaynon, Bikol,
Waray-Waray, Kapampangan, Pangasinan, Kinaray-a, Maranao,
Maguindanao...thanks Wikipedia) are also.

If I'm correct, Filipino is based on Tagalog, so any first try for
localization should probably target "fil".

Are you aware of localization/translation teams already working in
your country for these languages ? Having Debian getting some
translation targeted at Philippines would be a great enhancement and a
very positive sign towards potential Debian and/or Linux users in
Philippines..