Re: Hello, world!

* Sacha Chua <sacha@free.net.ph> [2004:11:08 07:12 +0900]:
> Hello, everyone!

Hi. :)

> Helen Faulkner's message reminded me that although I had been lurking
> on debian-women through gmane for a while now, I hadn't actually
> gotten around to posting. <laugh> I guess it's a good time to
> introduce myself.

It's about time! Welcome!

<snip lots of cool stuff>

> I'm interested in personal information management. In particular, I'd
> like to look at how people customize their systems and how their ways of
> planning evolve as they build software support for it.

Interesting. I'd like to know more about this as well, but I've not studied
it at all.

> I'm upstream and Debian packager for planner-el, a personal
> information manager for Emacs. I also package emacs-wiki and
> remember-el, although remember-el isn't official yet.

planner-el is actually one of the more amusing packages in Debian, IMO.
Mostly because of /usr/share/doc/planner-el/PLANNER-README.gz .. I tried to
use this but found I was too easily confused by emacs to get very far.
Maybe another day. I had no idea at the time that you were the maintainer,
though!

> I'm really looking forward to becoming part of the Debian Project.
> It's less work for my sponsor, for one! Besides, someone needs to help
> bootstrap Debian involvement in the Philippines. <grin>

Yeah, you actually happen to be the 8th woman in NM at the moment. Not that
we're keeping track or anything... (but just for reference, this is
apparently the most women that have ever been in NM before. I think the
total amount of women that have ever been DDs comes to a grand total of 9,
with 3 or so being currently active, that I know of.)

So, just to reiterate: welcome!

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide