Re: RFC: Wiki for Debian-Women

* Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) <felipe@cathedrallabs.org> [2004:08:31 01:39 -0300]:
>> Erinn Clark wrote:
>>> * Anja <anja_isbilia@yahoo.es> [2004:08:31 06:22 +0000]:
>>> b)Make the main site with Website Meta Language and also add a wiki.
>>> Main site --> http://women.alioth.debian.org/ Wiki pages->
>>> http://women.alioth.debian.org/wiki/
>
>> This is my preference. WML shouldn't be very difficult assuming someone
>> takes a look at the Debian WWW CVS.  Making a template out of that
>> shouldn't take long, I don't think, and I see the benefit to having a
>> wiki area for people that prefer that kind of thing.
>
> 	I would like to suggest a "policy" to publish in Debian-Women
> 	website, something like this:
>
> 1) Which information goes on main and which goes on wiki

The only thing I can think of for the wiki is a TODO list. Apparently
others have more ideas about how it can be used, so I'll let them comment
on this.

> 1.1) Who are "maintainers" for main?

This is listed per page. (E.g., "contact $foo with comments and
suggestions.") Also, in order to do anything to the website, one needs an
account on alioth, so the access is restricted this way.

> 1.2) How to contact them (1.1)?

As above.

> 1.3) anonymous vs. accounts for wiki

Accounts. No anonymous access.

> 1.4) zones/areas

I have no idea what this means.

> 1.5) good practices and tips

I suspect these will develop when we have content. It's hard to recommend
best practices when you lack practices at all.

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide