Re: hello everyone

Hi cheeks!!

> Visibility is a funny thing - it's totally necessary
> but it can be quite scary for a lot of women.

Specially for those aren't used to speak to crowds
(hi Erinn!!) ;-)

> And not some groupie-worship thing,
> slobbering over Big Names,

It's good to see that you girls want to
"walk with your own legs" (as we say in Brasil),
&& as i'm sure that this is not a "girls only"
project,
ya can't count on me to make it happen.

Bye!!

PS: cheeks = geeks+chicks :-D

--- Erinn Clark <erinn@double-helix.org> escreveu:
> * Carla Schroder <carla@bratgrrl.com> [2004:06:21
> 12:38 -0700]:
> > I am happy to see this list, and I hope we attract
> lots of cool women and
> > girls and other female human persons. I'm a Linux
> geek and system
> > administrator. I used to freelance, maintaining
> mixed Linux/windoze LANs, and
> > migrating folks off their horrid Exchange servers
> onto nice sensible
> > Postfix/Courier/Squirrelmail setups. Now I mostly
> write Linux howtos, and
> > schlep around in my jammies a lot.
>
> And yell at us dotty cat ladies.. ;)
>
> > I would really like to write an article about
> women in Linux. And not some
> > groupie-worship thing, slobbering over Big Names,
> but ordinary women doing
> > interesting Linux things. Like Erinn Clark getting
> this list going. Debian
> > supporters of any kind- maintainers, documentation
> writers, bugfinders,
> > sysadmins, etc. Women tend to think their
> contributions are insignificant,
> > which is total poo. So anyone who knows somebody,
> or who wants to toot their
> > own horn, please let me know. I think it would
> make an interesting list
> > discussion, don't be shy. The more visibility we
> create, the more other women
> > will be encouraged.
>
> I think this is a great idea. I'd certainly be
> willing to be interviewed
> and I think I know a lot of other women that would
> be enthusiastic about
> this idea as well. Several of us did on-camera
> interviews in Brazil for
> a movie about F/OSS coming out sometime in the
> future..
>
> Visibility is a funny thing - it's totally necessary
> but it can be quite
> scary for a lot of women. It's my hope (dream?) that
> something really
> positive will come out of all of this. :)
>
> --
> off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide
> http://double-helix.org

name=signature.asc

Yahoo! Mail - agora com 100MB de espaço, anti-spam e antivírus grátis!
http://br.info.mail.yahoo.com/