Bug#839826: ITP: neutron-dynamic-routing -- OpenStack Neutron Dynamic Routing
Owner: Thomas Goirand <email@example.com>
* Package name : neutron-dynamic-routing
Version : 9.0.0~rc2
Upstream Author : OpenStack Foundation <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : https://github.com/openstack/neutron-dynamic-routing
* License : Apache-2.0
Programming Lang: Python
Description : OpenStack Neutron Dynamic Routing
Neutron provides an API to dynamically request and configure virtual networks.
These networks connect "interfaces" from other OpenStack services (such as
vNICs from Nova VMs). The Neutron API supports extensions to provide advanced
network capabilities, including QoS, ACLs, and network monitoring.
Neutron dynamic routing enables advertisement of self-service (private)
network prefixes to physical network devices that support dynamic routing
protocols such as routers, thus removing the conventional dependency on static
It advertises three classes of routes:
* Host routes for floating IP addresses hosted on non-DVR routers, the
nexthop is the centralized router.
* Host routes for floating IP addresses hosted on DVR routers, the nexthop is
the appropriate compute node.
* Prefix routes for directly routable tenant networks with address scopes,
the nexthop is the centralized router, the same for DVR and CVR.
Neutron dynamic routing consists of service plug-in and agent. The service
plug-in implements the Networking service extension and the agent manages
dynamic routing protocol peering sessions. The plug-in communicates with the
agent through RPC.