Bug#205725: O: rsxs -- Really Slick X Screensavers
Version: unavailable; reported 2003-08-16
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I intend to orphan the rsxs package. It has gone incredibly unmaintained
upstream, and there is a much better alternative, rss-glx, which I plan
to package instead. If this package is not adopted within a few months,
I'll just have rss-glx replace it and remove the rsxs package from
The package description is:
Really Slick XScreenSavers (rsxs) is an X11 port of the Really Slick
Screensavers collection by Terry Welsh (http://www.reallyslick.com/).
The screensavers can either be run as stand-alone applications or get
integrated into XScreenSaver's list of active screensavers.
rsxs contains the following eye-candy:
* rs-plasma: Draws gooey colourful plasma stuff. Crank up the speed and
make it psychadelic!
* rs-cyclone: Simulates tornadoes on your computer screen.
* rs-fieldlines: A simulation of electric field lines between charged
* rs-helios: Particles explode onto the screen through smooth Helion
* rs-euphoria: Don't look at this if you suffer from motion sickness.
* rs-lattice: Fly through an infinite lattice of interlocking rings.
* rs-skyrocket: The mother of all fireworks screensavers.
For instructions for integrating this package into xscreensaver,
please see /usr/share/doc/rsxs/README.Debian after installing this package.
More information can be found at <http://rsxs.sourceforge.net>.
- -- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Kernel: Linux darth 2.4.21 #1 Fri Jun 13 20:06:05 EDT 2003 i686
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.2 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----