Re: Glibc for win32

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 04:34:07PM +0200, Jakob Eriksson wrote:
> > Just wanted to point out that for Debian GNU/KFreeBSD we're using a port
> > of Glibc, and this had brought significantly better results than porting
> > all Debian/GNU software to FreeBSD's libc.
> >
> > Initialy porting Glibc might be a lot of work, but at the end it's worth of
> > it, since portability is notably increased after doing that.
>

> Yes, and the easiest way to port is not to ... but to run Glibc under LINE.
>
> http://line.sourceforge.net/

That's a dirty hack. I can run GNU/Linux under an emulator like Bochs, too. But
none of this is able to take advantage of the kernel-specific features that
win32 provides.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)