Re: What's a correct naming scheme for PHP extensions (written on compiled language, e.g. C)?

Hi Sergey,

On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 23:26 +0300, Sergey B Kirpichev wrote:

> So, I'm right in opening this bugreport:
>
> Is this policy violation or not?

Well it's not a "policy violation" in the sense that the PHP Policy
Draft is not actually Debian Policy, but the draft for a set of
recommendations.  It also seems that the draft is... well... ambiguous
enough on a few points that it's not read the same way by different
packagers.

yes i would agree that if it's a pre-compiled pecl module that phpN-pkg
is more appropriate, but it's nothing I'd shed any tears over since it
is fairly inconsistent already.

	sean