Re: Transition rebuilds done before the new version was available

Hello,

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort, le dim. 26 juil. 2020 13:02:58 +0200, a ecrit:
> On 26/07/2020 09:52, Mattias Ellert wrote:
> > Why are the transition binnmus not scheduled with an dep-wait on the
> > new soname?
>
> From my experience, that causes more harm than good.

Oh?  I guess that really depends on the state of a given port?  I guess
you mean that some ports prefer to possibly stay with older versions of
libraries when they are getting issues with newer versions, or such kind
of "we can't actually move so fast yet" issues?

For hurd-i386, I'd really rather see the dep-wait added, to avoid having
to re-do the binnmu work of the transitions.

Samuel