Re: Steps for Debian Jessie LTS end-of-life

Am 01.07.20 um 19:14 schrieb Ansgar:
> On Wed, 2020-07-01 at 18:38 +0200, Markus Koschany wrote:
>> Am 01.07.20 um 11:27 schrieb Ansgar:
>>> since LTS for Jessie has ended according to [1], can we disable uploads
>>> and prepare for archiving the release?
> [...]
>> Please wait another week with the deactivation of jessie-security. This
>> ensures that we can still upload the last packages which received
>> security updates.
>
> After a chat on IRC, it's currently already configured to no longer
> accept new uploads. I think it's confusing to release security updates
> after security support supposedly ended, but if the LTS team wants that
> I can look at renabling it again.
>
>> Ideally the switch to Stretch LTS goes hand in hand
>> with the deactivation of jessie-security so we have no downtime at all.
>
> Which downtime?  Stretch already has security support; with LTS it will
> get /less/ support (only a limited set of architectures).  Anybody
> wishing to use Stretch LTS later, can already use Stretch today with no
> downsides.

There are still packages which could be uploaded to jessie-security.
Even today there were three uploads. It is more efficient if the LTS
team can handle uploads by themselves. Now we can neither finish
jessie-security updates nor can we upload to stretch-security directly.
This is what I mean by downtime. Please re-enable jessie-security for now.

Thanks

Markus