Re: gb: mpich 3.2-7 on sh4

On Sat, 2017-06-17 at 18:01 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Mon, Jun  5, 2017 at 12:26:31 +0800, Drew Parsons wrote:
>
> > Dear buildd keepers,
> >
> > the build of mpich on sh4 has been broken, apparently due to
> > inconsistent configurations or flags used in the toolchain.
> > The error is
> > /usr/bin/ld: MPIUI_Thread: TLS definition in
> > lib/.libs/libmpich.a(lib_libmpich_la-mpiu_thread.o) section .tbss
> > mismatches non-TLS reference in
> > lib/.libs/libmpich.a(lib_libmpich_la-comm_rank.o)
> >
> > There is no sh4 developer machine, so I can't investigate
> > manually.
> > I'd therefore like request mpich be given back to build on sh4, to
> > check if later updates to the toolchain have fixed the problem.
> >
> >   gb mpich_3.2-7 . sh4
> >

> Failed again in the same way.

Yes, it sure is a weird bug.  Hard to know what to make of it.
The flags in src/util/thread/mpiu_thread.c seem to be key.  Looks as if
 MPICH_TLS_SPECIFIER is defined at one point in the build, but not at
another point. Might need some detailed digging by someone who knows
their way around the threads configuration.

Drew