Re: Packages in Auto-Not-For-Us & Failed (etc)

On 2014-04-12 18:01, Andreas Barth wrote:
currently packages which should get into the state Auto-Not-For-Us
(e.g. arch not in arch list) and are in one of the states: Not-For-Us
Failed Failed-Removed Dep-Wait Dep-Wait-Removed are not touched.

This is wrong for two reasons: The substate uncompiled/out-of-date is
not updated. The other is that it might make sense to move the package
to Auto-Not-For-Us anyways, because there was a deliberate action for
that. What do you think?

For the *-Removed ones I'd say that we should just --forget them. If they reappear as auto-nfu, that's ok.

If you know that a package would otherwise land in auto-nfu, I would not mind if you clean up the database and get them into auto-nfu.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern