Re: Changing how we handle non-free firmware

Hi Kurt! Let's send this signed now,

On Sat, Aug 27, 2022 at 04:26:40PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 19, 2022 at 11:26:51AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Hey Wouter!

>> >What's the rationale for this one?
>> >
>> >I think it would make more sense to only configure the system to enable
>> >the non-free-firmware component if the installer determines that
>> >packages from that component are useful for the running system (or if
>> >the user explicitly asked to do so).
>>
>> That's a fair point, my text was unclear here. Let's tweak it:
>>
>> "Where non-free firmware is found to be necessary, the target system
>>  will *also* be configured to use the non-free-firmware component by
>>  default in the apt sources.list file."
>>
>> Does that sound better?
>
>Is this something you want to adopt?

Yes, I think it improves things.

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.