Re: Changing how we handle non-free firmware

From absorbing this lengthy thread, my impression is that most folks are
considering the nature of "officialness", therefore I'd like to ask any
proposed text to elaborate on intentions for what "Official Debian"
means such that voters can express their opinions on this aspect.

* Images are officially produced by DDs via Debian infrastructure
* Software that officially meets our highest policy ideals and standards
* The officially recommended way to end up with a Debian install
* Officially supporting humanitarian aid and accessibility because those
  who don't need it are already capable of meeting their needs in Debian

---

I hope this kind of email is ok here, even though I'm not able to
directly interact with the GR process (proposing/seconding etc.). If
not, sorry for adding to the 138 messages.