Re: Changing how we handle non-free firmware

On Wed, 2022-08-24 at 10:10 +0200, Philip Hands wrote:

> Does anyone still mass-produce CDs?

I don't know about mass-produce, but surprisingly there are still
Debian CD vendors in parts of the world where Internet is everywhere.

https://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/

> I think we could simply forget about the term "official" now, and just
> let people download whatever's current, in whichever variant suits their
> purpose best ("free" vs. "free+firmware").

Agreed, I tried to achieve that in my earlier proposal:

https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/683a7c0e69b081aae8c46bd4027bf7537475624a.camel@debian.org

--
bye,
pabs