Re: Changing how we handle non-free firmware

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 08:58:21PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> system will *also* be configured to use the non-free-firmware
> component by default in the apt sources.list file.

What's the rationale for this one?

I think it would make more sense to only configure the system to enable
the non-free-firmware component if the installer determines that
packages from that component are useful for the running system (or if
the user explicitly asked to do so).

If I'm not mistaken, code to do this already exists, and seems to work
well (but do correct me if I'm wrong).

--
     w@uter.{be,co.za}
wouter@{grep.be,fosdem.org,debian.org}

I will have a Tin-Actinium-Potassium mixture, thanks.