Re: Results for Voting secrecy

On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 10:31:44AM -0700, felix.lechner@lease-up.com wrote:
> Dear Mr. Secretary,
>
> As a Second for the winning Option 2, I was personally happy with last
> night's vote, but I nonetheless object to your certification of these
> tentative results:
>
> >  Option 2 defeats Option 3 by ( 142 -  107) =   35 votes.
> >  Option 2 defeats Option 4 by ( 185 -   61) =  124 votes.
>
> Would you please explain why Option 2 defeated NOTA by 124 votes but at
> the same time defeated Option 3, which was identical to NOTA, by only 35
> votes?

Clearly people don't think it's identical, otherwise it would not have
been an option, or people would have voted it equally.

> If so, did Option 2 pass the majority test only because Option 3 was
> available separately?

Option 3 has no effect on the majority results. The options are compared
to the NOTA option.

> I believe the vote should be redone.

I currently don't see anything wrong with this vote, so I see no reason
to redo it.

Kurt