Re: Informal Discussion: Identities of Voters Casting a Particular Ballot are No Longer Public

On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 11:07:12PM +0000, Stefano Rivera wrote:
Hi Sam (2022.02.13_21:28:44_+0000)
Comments including support or alternatives are welcome.

As you asked for a bit of a straw poll, I would support a move toward
secret ballots in all votes.

I've always felt slightly awkward about having my ballots be public. Not
enough to effect or suppress my vote. But I can imagine that it is
enough to stop other people from voting their mind. I would expect that
a secret ballot would encourage a few more project members to vote and
that's a good thing.

If we trust our secret ballot mechanism enough for the DPL elections, I
trust it for other GRs.

+1

Sincerely,
Filippo