Re: Re: General Resolution: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board result

Bernd, sometimes the devil is in the details, and that's certainly the
case with voting systems.

> Why should I rank options if there is only a limited number of
> options I care about, and the others are just equally bad
> choices imho?

I feel like we're sort of belaboring a point.

If someone voted
1-------
does it really seem plausible that they actually thought Option 2 was
exactly as bad as Option 5? So if Option 1 were removed from the
table, and they personally would pick which remaining option would be
chosen, they'd be just as happy with any of Options 2-8?

It seems much more likely that they thought this was a way of
expressing maximum support for Option 1, and that ranking anything
else diluted that support.

Cheers,

--Barak.