Re: General Resolution: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board result

On 2021-04-20 16:12, Barak A. Pearlmutter wrote:
Maybe looking at options 7/8 wasn't the best example, both because of
perceived differences and because FD plays a special role.
But with all the ballots we can find a bunch of votes that do seem to
not use the full power of the ballot in ways that do seem a bit
counterintuitive.
Have a look for yourself, it's a fun exercise.
A large number of voters stop ranking when they get to FD. I'm not
sure why, but in many cases this renders their ballot pretty much
powerless because options with a chance of winning are not ranked.

There eare two options:
- people don't understand how it works
- people understand how it works, and not ranking options is what
  they want - because it actually ranks these options equally low.

The announcement mails state:

Unranked choices are considered equally the least desired
choices, and ranked below all ranked choices.

So - not ranking options is an way to save time. I've written
a bunch of 8 instead, but the result is the same.

Why should I rank options if there is only a limited number of
options I care about, and the others are just equally bad
choices imho?