Re: "gr_rms" rejected but "Debian Project Leader 2021 Election" worked

On 16 Apr 2021, at 00:59, Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> This is not GMAIL problem.  This involves only My PC and Debian
> servers.
>
> (I use gmail only for recieving mails.  I send mail from my Debian
> shell account using SSH when I use @debuian.org address to avoid mail
> rejections.  So Gmail has nothing to do with my problem.)
>
> $ date -u --iso=sec
> 2021-04-15T23:44:44+00:00
>
> So still in voting period as far as I am concerned.
>
> I think the problem is:
>>>   gpg: WARNING: unsafe permissions on homedir
>>>   '/srv/vote.debian.org/data/gr_rms'
>
> I think times execution of permission setting to close voting may have
> kicked in too early.

No, that’s just a warning, it happens on every ballot, though you only see it
if there’s also another error. You’re likely running into the same problem I
did, which is that the RMS ballot has lines long enough to be wrapped under
quoted printable, whereas the DPL election fits within the line limit. Are you
using an inline signature rather than a detached signature? The former is not
robust against MTA wrapping, but the latter is, and is what’s recommended.

Jess