Re: What does FD Mean

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 11:27:28PM +0200, Timo Röhling wrote:
> * Adrian Bunk <bunk@debian.org> [2021-04-11 20:53]:
> > It can be hard to vote correctly in a voting system that is very
> > different from what you are used to in real life, unless you are
> > a nerd in voting systems.
> If you ask me as someone who has never used a ranked vote before, it is
> not that hard. The hard part is how the winner is determined from the
> votes. I don't think many people will bother to independently verify the
> results.

It is not obvious that how you rank between 7 and 8 can
decide the winner.

Which is what happened at the latest systemd vote:
 0 votes 78xxxxxx
42 votes 87xxxxxx
Option 2 defeated Option 1 by 22 votes

My suggestion would help people to make full use of their vote
by forcing them to rank all options.

Equal ranking is still possible, it would not remove your freedom
to rank any number of options equally.

cu
Adrian