Re: Re: What does FD Mean

On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 03:00:45PM +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 12:30:01PM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > Instead of "attack surface" of a complicated system I would be more
> > worried about the problem that a part of our electorate does not
> > understand how to vote in a way that their ballot matches what
> > they want to express.
> >
> > When looking at the tally of the latest systemd vote,[1]
> > there are plenty of votes like
> >   1-------
> >
> > It is obvious what these voters wanted to express,
> Which is?

Option 1 is the only acceptable option.

> > and that their ballot was wrongly filled due to a
> > lack of understanding how our voting system works.
> Do you mean they should have also ranked some less-preferred options above
> FD or that they chose a wrong option?

If option 1 (or several options at the left side of that vote) were the
only ranked options on a ballot, it is hard to believe that not ranking
option 8 above option 6 was intended.

Regarding the majority criteria they might have voted
  1------2

With Condorcet not ranking among other options is a waste of part
of your vote.

People preferring option 1 likely considered option 2 tolerable and
clearly better than options like option 6, which would result in
ballots like for example
  13-----2
  12-----3
  12345--6