Re: re. RMS

Le lundi 05 avril 2021 à 16:04:58+0200, Thomas Goirand a écrit :
> On 4/5/21 3:29 PM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> > Given that Friday was Autism Awareness Day, it might be worth noting
> > that RMS is clearly "on the spectrum" - and well known since the days he
> > slept in his office at MIT (my student days).
> >
> > Why is it that nobody ever gives him any leeway for that?
>
> Without expressing myself about one side or another, or even not
> expressing myself about RMS case (ie: if he's an autistic person or not)
> autism is a mental disease. Putting someone with a mental disease in
> charge is not exactly a good idea.

I am not sure to agree with your last sentence. Of course, some
pathologies may prevent someone to be able to lead a group/activities,
but it's not something I'd state as generally as you tend to do.

Whether RMS has any neuroatypical condition and whether or not it should
give him lenience and/or preventing him from leading the FSF is paths I
won't go along, as I am no doctor and have no expertise on these
matters.

Regards,

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2