Re: Debian Project Leader election 2021: both candidates are from cancel mob

Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sunday, 4 April 2021 9:49:57 AM AEST Debian Project Secretary - Kurt Roeckx wrote:
>> [ ] Choice 1: Jonathan Carter
>> [ ] Choice 2: Sruthi Chandran
>
> FYI, both cancel mob candidates signed anti-RMS statement:
>
>   https://github.com/rms-open-letter/rms-open-letter.github.io/blob/main/index.md

If you are unsatisfied with the DPL candidates available this time due
to them co-signing the letter (or indeed, over half of all DPLs that
project ever had[1]), then I hope you will "put your money where your
mouth is" and run as a DPL candidate next round.
  Honestly, I think would be a much more constructive way of dealing
with this issue than labelling people for "cancel mob candidates" in
public because you disagree with them.

~Niels

[1] The Debian project has had 17 unique DPLs according to Wikipedia.
Of these, 10 of them co-signed the letter.  Notably including 7 of the
last 8 DPLs (spanning the period from 2008 to now except a two year period).

Conveniently they have all added "Debian Project Leader" to their
signature, which made them easy to find in the letter.