Re: New option for the RMS/FSF GR: reaffirm the values of the majority

On 2021/04/04 05:47, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> I did actually read this as satire and was quite amused by it - I
> didn't think it could have been read as a serious request until the
> first response to it.
I would appreciate it if we could keep satire and comedy a bit dialed
back for a but. As much as I appreciate satire and comedy, there is a
place and time for it, for example, you wouldn't practice your stand-up
routine at a funeral for a loved one. Also, there are classes of humor
that's really just not appropriate, and on top of all that, many of is
in the project are suffering from huge information overload. That is, we
have a backlog of information that needs to be processed, some which
will also affect the choices of both votes currently running. Adding
more noise that is difficult to filter and interpret is something that I
consider somewhere on a spectrum of insensitive to reckless.

So, I'm please asking again that posters to the list attempt to be more
mindful of what they consider to be humor to the list and the effects it
may have on others before doing so.

-Jonathan