Re: New option for the RMS/FSF GR: reaffirm the values of the majority

On Sat, 03 Apr 2021 at 21:46:08 +0200, someone claiming to be Enrico Zini wrote:
> We explicitly refuse to acknowledge irrelevant political issues

I was surprised to read this apparently coming from Enrico, particularly
since it doesn't seem consistent with what Enrico has said in other
threads regarding RMS. It turns out not to be signed with the same key.

Key fingerprint used to sign
<https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2021/03/msg00286.html>, matching
Enrico's key in the official Debian keyring:
1793 D6AB 7566 3E6B F104  953A 634F 4BD1 E7AD 5568

Key fingerprint used to sign the message to which I'm replying:
2490 211A D036 087E 6D1D  9A92 D0FF 49CB E3F4 FB68

It seems highly likely that the message to which I'm replying was not
sent or authorized by Enrico, and that its sender is trying to mislead
Debian members by impersonating a prominent and respected developer.

I don't think passing off a message as coming from a different author is
consistent with taking any sort of moral high ground (for example based
on a position of free speech, meritocracy or opposing "cancel culture")
and I'm disappointed to see it on Debian mailing lists.

    smcv