Re: Amendment to RMS/FSF GR: Option 5

On Sat, Apr 03, 2021 at 03:53:58PM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 02, 2021 at 06:20:47PM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> >
> > TEXT OF OPTION 5
> > ----------------
> >
> > Debian refuses to participate in and denounces the witch-hunt against Richard
> > Stallman, the Free Software Foundation, and the members of the board of the
> > Free Software Foundation.
> >
> > ----------------
>
> Questions to the Project Secretary:
>
> Was this email (which is not the repost email) a validly signed email
> proposing an amendment to the GR?

I did verify the signature, and it was good. The subject of the
email clearly indicates to me it's an amendment to the GR. It
would have been nice that it said it replaced the whole proposal
with that text, but I think it's clear enough what the intention
is. So I think the answer to your question is yes.

But note that at that time it's still just a proposal, it's not
been accepted, nor has it received enough sponsors.

> If yes:
>
> Since A.2.3. of our constitution says "calls" and not "called",
> do you agree that a vote has not been called before the person who calls
> for a vote has made a statement on what they believe the wordings of the
> resolution and any relevant amendments are?

I currently don't see why the call only happened after the other
things happened. As far as I know, it's not exactly defined when the
discussion period stops, and it seems you want a clear point. But
since there is no clear point, I am flexible up to a certain point.

A.2.3 also seems to that they should copy the full text all the
options. The text is already on the website, so I see little point
in doing that.

Kurt