Re: Amendment to RMS/FSF GR: Option 5

On 4/3/21 00:44, Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> I sincerely think debian-vote should be read-only for non-DDs because this person is not a DD (afaict) and is just polluting our list with such non-sense.

There are non-DD people who maintain more packages and with higher total popcon than DDs, but aren't DD because didn't bother to jump through all the several hoops to become a DD.
You just cemented my point even further. If you didn't want to jump those "hoops", you can't anyway vote in Debian, so why would you have ability to produce noise on the list for which you didn't care enough to become DD?

If you do not want DMs, make a proposal and vote to kick all the DMs out from Debian. If it passes then be ready to adopt a few hundreds of packages or see debian crash and burn.
Debian was fine with couple of developers and few hundred packages, Debian is fine with 1000+ DDs and couple of hundred DMs. It is not going ever to crash and burn but I wouldn't mind, that people who have easier time to defend sexist than they have to defend women from sexist, leave the project.