Re: Amendment to RMS/FSF GR: Option 5

Hi,

On 2021-04-02 6:44 p.m., Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
>> I sincerely think debian-vote should be read-only for non-DDs because
> this person is not a DD (afaict) and is just polluting our list with
> such non-sense.
>

> There are non-DD people who maintain more packages and with higher total
> popcon than DDs, but aren't DD because didn't bother to jump through all
> the several hoops to become a DD.
>

> If you do not want DMs, make a proposal and vote to kick all the DMs out
> from Debian. If it passes then be ready to adopt a few hundreds of
> packages or see debian crash and burn.

Zlatan made a mistake, the person is in fact a DD, who isn't listed in
the NM system because at the time he joined the process wasn't the same
as today's.

However, his point had nothing to do with "not wanting DMs", but to the
fact that if one is not a DD, they don't have the rights to propose/sign
an option for the GR. So, due to his initial mistake he inferred the
person was possibly trolling.

Please, let's calm down a bit. This thread is already enormous,
exhausting, and became a trap for such negative reactions mostly due to
lacking context.

Bests,

--
Tiago