Re: Announcing new decision making procedures for Debian

Santiago R.R. dijo [Thu, Apr 01, 2021 at 10:11:54AM +0200]:
> > >  * A developer proposes an issue with a signed message on
> > >    debian-vote@lists.debian.org .
> > >
> > >  * Anyone can express their consent or dissent by replying to the
> > >    message.
> > >
> > >  * When the discussion eventually dies down, the Debian Secretary will
> > >    review all messages and pronounce the winner.
> >
> > in Kurt we trust.
>
> What happens if Kurt also wants to take part in the discussion? Should
> we decide on who will review the messages and announce the winner of
> that discussion?

“As long as I count the Votes, what are you going to do about
    it. say?” — attributed to William M. “Boss” Tweed in Thomas Nast
    cartoon, 7 October 1871).
    https://www.loc.gov/item/2018663035/

“‘I care not who casts the votes of a nation, provided I can count
    them,’ Napoleon failed to remark.” — New York Times editorial (26 May
    1880).
    https://www.nytimes.com/1880/05/26/archives/imperialism.html

“Indeed, you won the elections, but I won the count.” — Nicaraguan
    dictator Anastasio Somoza (1896-1956), Guardian (London), 17 June 1977.
    https://libquotes.com/anastasio-somoza/quote/lbb6g5s

So, please, all hail our All-Powerful Secretary!

> Thank you Enrico for this brilliant procedure,

Yes. Thanks indeed!