Re: Cancel "culture" is a threat to Debian

Sergey,

On 01.04.21 15:24, Sergey B Kirpichev wrote:
You're making a good cause to make the lists read-only for non-members

I'm trying to argue my position, instead of long reasonings about
feelings of my opponents and so on.  Is that wrong for the Debian now?

To what goal are you trying to argue your position? You don't need to send the answer to the list, it's an invitation to self-reflection.

Why?  Because it's how you analyze counter-arguments.
(https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2021/03/msg00412.html - a good
example.)

I joined Debian because it is inclusive

The original goal of the Debian was not being inclusive,
but a free OS.  That's all debian users still expect from the project.

Please speak only for yourself and not for "all Debian users", I doubt you know all of them :)

Goals might evolve. It's also called "growing up".

Ever heard about the change curve? When change happens around us, we go through different phases coping with that change. On which part of the curve are you? https://www.mydigitalsurfari.de/wp-content/uploads/Unbenanntes-Notizbuch-3.jpg

Take care,
u.