Re: Amendement to GR Statement regarding Stallman's readmission to the FSF board

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 02:51:59PM +0200, Santiago R.R. wrote:
Choice X: Debian is unable to collaborate with FSF

=== Begin text ===

Under section 4.1.5 of the constitution, the Developers make the following
statement:

Debian’s statement on Richard Stallman rejoining the FSF board

We at Debian are profoundly disappointed to hear of the re-election of Richard
Stallman to a leadership position at the Free Software Foundation, after a
series of serious accusations of misconduct led to his resignation as
president and board member of the FSF in 2019.

One crucial factor in making our community more inclusive is to recognise and
reflect when other people are harmed by our actions and consider this feedback
in future actions. Unfortunately, the way Richard Stallman announced his
return to the board lacks any acknowledgement of this kind of thought process.
We are deeply disappointed that the FSF board elected him as a board member
again, despite no discernible steps were taken by him to be accountable for,
much less make amends for, his past actions or those who have been harmed by
them. Finally, we are also disturbed by the secretive process of his
re-election, and how it was belatedly conveyed [0] to FSF’s staff and
supporters.

We believe this step and how it was communicated sends a wrong and hurtful
message and harms the future of the Free Software movement. The goal of the
software freedom movement is to empower all people to control technology and
thereby create a better society for everyone. Free Software is meant to serve
everyone regardless of their age, ability or disability, gender identity, sex,
ethnicity, nationality, religion or sexual orientation. This requires an
inclusive and diverse environment that welcomes all contributors equally.
Debian realises that we and the Free Software movement still have to work hard
to be in that place where everyone feels safe and respected to participate in
it in order to fulfil the movement's mission.

Therefore, in the current situation, the Debian Project is unable to
collaborate both with the FSF and any other organisation in which Richard
Stallman has a leading position. Instead, we will continue to work with groups
and individuals who foster diversity and equality in the Free Software
movement in order to achieve our joint goal of empowering all users to control
technology.

[0]https://status.fsf.org/notice/3796703

=== End text ===
Seconded.