Re: Bikeshedding

On 2019/03/31 14:12, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I respectfully disagree.  While it's not DPL's responsibility to
> implement (and maybe even drive) any specific technical/workflow change
> in the project, knowing what the DPL *thinks* about matters like this
> one is a fundamental element when deciding whom to vote for. That is
> certainly the case for my vote, but I suspect I'm not alone.
>
> As I see it, we decide which candidates to vote for based on two main
> elements: general vision and specific program for the upcoming DPL term.
> The question I've asked helps, I believe, in better understanding the
> technical/workflow vision for Debian of each candidate.

I tend to agree with that. Any question is fair game (within reasonable
limits of course, we don't want something dumb that goes against our CoC
and other values), it's up to the candidate how they want to answer it,
or if they even want to answer it at all.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage