Re: Bikeshedding

Hi Sam, thanks for your detailed follow-up, which fully answer my
question.

Just a minor point on this:

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 07:52:46AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> I'd encourage you to think more carefully before asking DPL candidates
> to strongly state things that aren't the DPL's business in the future.

I respectfully disagree.  While it's not DPL's responsibility to
implement (and maybe even drive) any specific technical/workflow change
in the project, knowing what the DPL *thinks* about matters like this
one is a fundamental element when deciding whom to vote for. That is
certainly the case for my vote, but I suspect I'm not alone.

As I see it, we decide which candidates to vote for based on two main
elements: general vision and specific program for the upcoming DPL term.
The question I've asked helps, I believe, in better understanding the
technical/workflow vision for Debian of each candidate.

Cheers
--
Stefano Zacchiroli . zack@upsilon.cc . upsilon.cc/zack . . o . . . o . o
Computer Science Professor . CTO Software Heritage . . . . . o . . . o o