Re: Debian presence on newer platforms

Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana writes:
> On 3/25/19 3:42 PM, Jonathan Carter wrote:
>> There's a massive amount of interesting things happening in the space.
>> Matrix is good, but Mattermost is certainly worth looking at as well.
>>
>> https://mattermost.com/
[...]
> There is also Rocket.chat.
> https://rocket.chat/

Both Mattermost and Rocket.chat are centralized services.  This means
users have to create a Debian-specific account and might have to keep a
Debian-specific instance of the client running (if the client doesn't
support logging into multiple accounts at the same time).  That is a
technical problem on phones.

What makes Matrix interesting for me is that it is federated and that
there is a client ecosystem developing[1].

I might be interested in trying to get a Matrix homeserver for
debian.org as an experimental service.  Need to investigate what this
needs a bit further (and probably discuss the idea further on
#debian-matrix:matrix.org for now).

Ansgar

  [1] https://matrix.org/docs/projects/clients-matrix