Re: Debian presence on newer platforms

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019, Jonas Meurer wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Alexander Wirt:
> >> While I agree that some "more modern" going way would be nice for lists,
> >> I don't think that is an easy task. Nor one where DPL can do much
> >> (unless listmasters need some resources that DPL can approve for such a
> >> change). Its up to the listmasters, though as far as i know, our current
> >> setup is anything but easily converted.
> >> In my experience as a former mailman admin and listadmin mailman is a
> no-go.
> > Getting our feature set even nearly into mailman is impossible, takes years
> > and will just get us an unmaintainable thing. I don't want to ever run a
> > bigger mailman setup again.
>
> Can you give an example, what from "our feature set" is missing in
> mailman? Also, you probably mean mailman2, right? Have you taken a look
> at mailman3 recently?
Sure, just a few coming into mind:

All those gpg related features we use, our spam removal tools, our special
archiving hacks, we way we support blacklist through several lists, our
second line of spamfiltering, crossassassin, the way we can do management on
several lists and probably a lot more I forgot. It may take man years to do a
migration (in fact we talked about that a few days ago in our internal IRC
channel and this is more or less consense about the needed effort).

And I tested hyperkitty some time ago with our archive and it was unusable
slow.

Alex