Re: Debian presence on newer platforms

Quoting "Jonathan Carter", who wrote on 2019-03-25 at 20:42 Uhr +0200:
It's a free software alternative to Slack, but it's not a mere copy, Mattermost is a superset of Slack in terms of features. Mattermost integrates with many different existing services. In particular, it also integrates really well with GitLab, […]

Matrix bots also provide integration with GitHub and GitLab in similar ways. Matrix also has bridging to Mattermost.

And while surely not representative: 11 out of 12 teams I personally know who looked at Matrix and Mattermost a couple of years back and went with Mattermost then are now migrating to Matrix, which has the following benefits:

 - federation
- multi-device end-to-end encryption (though obviously not in bridged rooms)
 - real-time voice/video conferencing
 - widgets

Yes, I am a huge Matrix evangelist. And why wouldn't I?

--
.''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> @martinkrafft
: :'  :  proud Debian developer

"it is the mark of an educated mind