Re: Questions about "Winding down my Debian involvement"

Hello,

On Thu 21 Mar 2019 at 05:29PM +01, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> On 15348 March 1977, Sean Whitton wrote:
>
>> I won't write a long reply because it's not that important to the DPL
>> election, but I did want to note that `dgit push-source` has answers for
>> everything you've listed.  I'd encourage you to take a(nother) look!
>
> Do those answers only apply if you still think of the traditional source
> archives to upload, or also if one envisions to go away from that?

The latter.

`dgit push-source` treats both generating and uploading .dsc files as an
implementation detail, basically transparent to the user.

The big wrinkle is uploading binaries, which is not transparent, but
moving to source-only uploads for everything, which is independently
desirable, solves that.

--
Sean Whitton