Re: Q to all candidates: Universal Operating System

On 3/20/19 2:29 AM, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> 2) More specifically, if you believe that we should not aim for being
> fully universal, *how* (in terms of decision-making processes) do you
> think that we should draw a line about what's acceptable, for
> example to decide how to cater to the needs of an hypothetical Debian
> GNU/Darwin on m68k port? And what's your own opinion on where that line
> should be (specific examples could rely on debian-ports, release
> architectures, support for non-Linux kernels, init systems, ...)

To add to this question:

Do candidates think Debian "competes" for "share"/"mindshare" of users
and contributors in the "Linux distro" category? And if so, what do they
think users and contributors expect from a "universal" distro in 2020?
Do we think it even matters, or is it being reimagined?

Do candidates think that Debian has far more technical deliverables than
packages in a repo plus installers? And if so, do candidates think the
organizational structure [1] accurately reflects this? Would DPL
candidates propose changes to the organizational structure? How would
they use, for example, delegations to re-shape the org structure?

[0] https://www.debian.org/intro/organization