Re: Debian Project Leader Elections 2019: Call for nominations

Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> writes:

> - it's a position where you are often alone, and lack feedback

This is true in the limit, but I, and a number of other former DPLs,
have often made ourselves available to the acting DPL to act as a
"sounding board".  In fact, I think I've personally provided advice and
guidance at least once to *every* DPL going all the way to Ian Murdock.
So a DPL isn't *completely* alone... but obviously, they are the final
decision maker on anything the constitution leaves to them.

> - the stress level is (I think) much higher than in technical core
>   teams.

I agree.

Bdale, who among other things was DPL in 2002-2003