Re: GR Proposal: replace "Chairman" with "Chair" throughout the Debian Constitution

My dissent three days ago against Margarita's General
Resolution does not seem to appear in the web archive,
nor have I seen a reply (which is fine).  An infrequent
poster, an infrequent Mutt user, having manually edited
the header's In-Reply-To line, I probably posted the
dissent wrong.  Let's try again.

If the original reached you three days ago, then please
disregard this copy.  (However, if this copy, too, does
not appear in the web archive, then I will ask
listmaster@lists.debian.org or file a bug as
appropriate.)

Margarita:

> Title: Replace "Chairman" with "Chair" throughout
> the Debian Constitution
>
> All appearances of the word Chairman shall be
> replaced with the word Chair.

I oppose this and all efforts to emasculate the
Debian Project.

> The only gendered word left is the Chairman of the
> Technical Committee.

Good.  I am glad that one word is still left.  The
English language does not want "ungendering."

Your General Resolution will probably pass by a 10:1
margin, but I mean to vote no.