Re: In plain English please?! Re: General resolution: Changes to the Standard Resolution Procedure

Kurt Roeckx <kurt@roeckx.be> writes:

> The solution to this problem is moving the majority check later
> in the process, so that option B would have been dropped first.
> If they did this stratigic voting in that case both options would
> have been dropped.

Interesting -- one thought: haven't voting systems been dissected and
specified in research literature for quite some time?  Isn't there one
that is already established and analyzed that we can refer to, instead
of trying to design these (quite complicated) rules for ourselves?  We
would have to find a voting system that matches Debian's intent, which
might be a challenge though.

/Simon