Re: Tentative summary of the amendments

Ian,

Le mercredi, 22 octobre 2014, 13.34:27 Ian Jackson a écrit :
> Jonas Smedegaard writes ("Re: Tentative summary of the amendments"):
> > I too find it wrong to interpret Ian's text as a war between systemd
> > and sysvinit - that's anything but "basically fine"!
>
> It's only a war between systemd and sysvinit insofar as some of
> systemd's proponents are trying to abolish everything except systemd,
> which encompasses abolishing sysvinit.

Can you _please_ point to such attempts or retract your unfounded FUD?

As far as I have read so far, most "systemd's proponents" only want the
software they maintain be _allowed_ to use the systemd features in a
Debian context, something which is totally unrelated to "abolishing
sysvinit". I'll go even further by pointing out that the systemd
maintainers have pointed [0] their intend to _ensure_ that sysvinit
would _stay_ at the users' disposal even through upgrades migrating to
having systemd as pid1.

I will also note that so far only Jonas and you have used the term "war"
in the context of this GR discussion period. I thought the discussion
period was supposed to be rather a democratic exercise than a call to
arms.

OdyX

[0] https://lists.debian.org/<871tq1fihn.fsf@xoog.err.no>