Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems

 I also agree with this proposal. Currently several packages cannot be
upgraded without including libsystemd-* something, and I have
experienced several installation issues with packages from Testing and
the reccommended alternatative package systemd-shim.

Stefano Zacchiroli writes ("Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of
choice of init systems"):
> Specifically: have you, or anyone else involved in this GR, asked the
> GNOME team and the release team, whether a positive outcome of this GR
> is going to disrupt their work (plans) or not?

No, I have not.

I am not aware of any underlying bugs in (say) gnome-without-systemd
that would be RC.  But the sentiment behind this GR is that any such
bugs should be considered indeed RC for the whole project.

Ian.